Job Title: Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
We are looking for a full-time Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to join our Operations Services team. This role is responsible for answering and routing calls that come into the front desk, welcoming and helping visitors coming into The Lighting Group as well as handling assigned operational administrative tasks.
- Answer all incoming calls that come into the front desk and successfully route to the appropriate person.
- Welcome, warmly greet and announce visitors into The Lighting Group office.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and faxes (via email) and deliver outgoing mail to the post office.
- Make travel arrangements for all staff such as airfare, hotels and rental car reservations.
- Order and maintain the office supply inventory on a weekly basis or as needed.
- Assist teams with their administrative functions as assigned.
- Develop and nurture teamwork with peers to create a positive, collaborative, energized work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- At least 1 year of office administrative experience or equivalent training. Receptionist experience preferred.
- Hands on experience with business office workflows, systems and organization structure.
- Excellent verbal communication skills as demonstrated in handling of customer calls including difficult customer situations in previous positions.
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Job Title: Sales Support Specialist
We are looking for a full-time Sales Support Specialist to join our Transportation and Specialty Outdoor Sales (TSO) team. This role is set up to learn and train in the various functions within the business providing the opportunity for career advancement into an outside sales role within the TSO team. Critical to this position will be a self-directed drive to learn the technical aspects of the lighting category, office systems, products, manufacturers, and various types of customers’ needs. This person will also be focused on gaining technical competency in outdoor lighting, controls, and pole structures.
- Support quotations in reviewing project prints, doing take-offs, and preparing small quotes.
- Travel to customer sites and distributor partners to present products and solutions along with other sales associates – develop technical competency across the category.
- Assist in developing “C” and “B” accounts in landscape architect and municipal categories.
- Prepare proactive product/sales blitzes for both electronic and in person promotion.
- Create a broad pipeline of customer prospects with the “C” and “B” accounts and develop these clients into engagement and specification activities for future orders.
- Maintain the sample inventory.
- Support contractor and distributor sales activities for TSO accounts as called upon – visit job sites and assist in product resolution and other support functions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Previous sales experience, knowledge of the construction and lighting industries is preferred.
- Must have a valid Washington State driver’s license as local travel is required with some national travel.
- Relationship development for customer engagement.Excellent communication skills – written as well as presentation.
- Software skills in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Understanding of product marketing tools and business concepts.
- Pipeline organization for customer prospects, engagement, mock-ups, and closing to order.
- Life-long learner mindset is a must as well as self-driven and motivated.